 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2106
Re: Canada Lego Fest ideas (Brick-North)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:16:21 GMT

Oh man…
Looks like I'm gonna have to do some more leg work.
Since York is my University, I'll look for possible halls to stage a large
event. For both an rtlToronto gathering, and a possible “(Brick-North)”
                                                 (kinda like Great White North)

In discussion last Friday, a few rtlToronto members concluded that Toronto
would likely be the most probable place to host a ‘(Brick-North)’ mega event.

Why, because U.S. lug groups are more likely to head to Toronto as opposed
to Ottawa.               That and we’re the largest group.

Trust me, size will matter in an event this big…
If Ottawa or Montreal were to be chosen to host the games (Soundin’ like the
Olympix)        They would have to be completely accountable…
Sure, rtlToronto members can help share the burden and host a few events and
organize an venue or two. But, in the end, it will be the host cities job to
do most every bit of work. From locating venues, keeping EVERYONE informed,
scheduling events delegating responsibility, being accountable if something
goes wrong.

I know that other groups are capable, but it really, really, really, helps
to have others “in the thick of it” with you. An outside LUG can only help
so much. In the end, it will be the host cities job to do almost
everythinggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Therefore, only Toronto has the size.

                        Lotsa plannin’

                                                        --==Richard==--

P.S. The “(Brick-North)” symbol is a registered trademark ™ of Noeckel
Interational and a Registered ® Icon of ‘OLS’…Ontario Lego Society.

Here’s an idea… before we go an have a grand National event, why don’t we
first do an Ontario Lego event. With just the three LUG’s as a test?

P.P.S. Yes Calum, i did see that you posted Brick North first...
But i honestly didn't copy you, i was just about to post when i saw  that
you came up with the exact same name.       :(