 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2100
Re: Canada Lego Fest ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:44:41 GMT

Ontario doesn't seem very central.
Adam Murtha

'Central' no, but if your looking’ for the best area with the most
per-capita AFOL then Toronto would be the choice. Honestly, if a Calgury
group was active and capable enough to hold the event I'd support it 100%.
But something of this size takes ‘manpower’ and the only way we’d pull it
off is to have every single member actively running or organizing a
particular event.

Brickwars if Richard is up to running it.
Calum Tsang

   Of course I'd be running the 'Brickwars' event, probably with the
assistance of others like Ben. But everybody would need to take some
responsibility if things are to actualize.

would be just another rtlToronto meeting.
Adam Murtha

  And yes, it still may turn out to be just another glorified rtlToronto
occasion. But I'd bet, if every rtlToronto participated  (35 members and
friends) and AFOL from other neighbouring Canadian groups (20 AFOL) and
various other American contingents (25 AFOL or more if a LUG decides to
venture down en masse) then there’s the advertising… (This is a wild-card,
there may be 20-50 spectators. Some interested in Lego, some just curious
about what’s going on.)

----------------So that’d be well over 100 people conservatively.------------

The only other group that I'd guess could put together an event like this
would be over in B.C.  And that may turn out to be a West cost thing!

                         Perhaps some day…

                                               --==Richard==--