 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18403
18402  |  18404
Subject:
OBB CSL @ the 'Boats, Models and Trains' event in Hamilton, Ontario, May 25 and 26, 2019
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:16:21 GMT

This is the one I've been personally trying to get into for a few years now.

Not just because it's in my own 'back yard', but this place is one of my
favourite places to visit--

The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology National Historic Site

<https://www.hamilton.ca/attractions/hamilton-civic-museums/hamilton-museum-steam-technology-national-historic-site>

Sandy and I took Josh a few years back for the Boats, Models and Trains event---

<https://www.hamilton.ca/attractions/events-calendar/boats-models-and-trains?view=0>

and it was a blast.  They have a relatively large outdoor permanent train
layout.  I don't know the scale, but you can ride the train cars--I think its 8
inches or something.

They also have a raised train track layout at the same scale, on which a
'scratch built' functioning steam engine will pull a few people around--that was
awesome!

The model boat builders set up a temporary pond, and kids can RC boat race and
stuff.

The Meccano guys have been there in the past, and their creations are pretty
great.

But the tour of the pump house...

I was like Iain with his trains...

<https://museumshamilton.com/#/pano/hamilton-civic-engine-deck-controls>

And, also knowing the history of Hamilton a bit, and knowing the role this pump
house played 150ish years ago...

K, enough gushing about the location.

So I'm bringing the CSL to their Boats, Models and Train event--it's 2 days--the
25 and 26th of May.  Public hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.  You can do
the other stuff as well, and get a tour of the pump house.

I'm going to try it out this year with the layout, mostly because we don't have
alotta 'lead time' to get others signed up for a bigger display, but I really
hope this one is successful, not only so we can have a bigger turnout next year,
but the person I'm working with would love to see basically an 'all lego' event
in 2020 that they can market it and it'd just be us :)

Now that would be awesome!

Anyway, I'm excited, and if you are interested in displaying on May 25/26th, let
me know and I can check with the organizer--I'd love to see you.  Our display
will be inside the building, which gets locked up at night with security and all
that.

As an aside, I didn't want to do more than 4-5 shows a year when I started
getting back into it, and I'm already at 4 now--2 done, 2 confirmed for May. I
did these shows to see how the CSL can be packed and how quickly it can be set
up.

I'm tentative for the Greater Toronto Train Show in October, so that's 5. We'll
see what else we can do.  Leaping back into this, I already have around the same
number of shows this year that we used to do back in the day.

Dave K