 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 184
Re: Want to see how bored I am with life?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:34:33 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@idirect.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

I like it.  The software that comes with it seems resource intensive but a
few freeware apps and the camera is very smooth.  Doesn't take as good a • pic
as my digital camera, but web cams aren't suppose to.
I ordered mine thru Ls@h and it was 99 dollars.  Got it before they 'hit • the
market' and now I'm finally using it ;)
Just have to come up with a robot for it now.  Do i make a roving cam'bot • or
do I go for the grabber arm stacking mechanism with stationary cam
overseeing the playing field?
Opinions?  Options?  Other ideas?

I don't supose there is any way to make it pick out objects on a white
surface? Like, could you do something like..... Ok, have blocks siting on a
white table (blocks are black), and have an arm pick out where the blocks
are? That would be hardcore. Or, you could have like an UglyPrevent (TM)
device, and you would like go and sit in front of it, and if the thing
decides you are ugly, it could fire one of those spring-loaded Teal Technic
Things (TTT) at you.

You can purchase a token to ride the Subway/RT for $2. That's where I got
mine. :)

seems like a worthy investment )

It sure is. I almost went today, but I realized I used up my stupid battery
for my camera last night pulling stills from a previous trip on the RT.
Dammit. That can wait until tomorrow, I guess. I love RT in snow. :)

(BTW you can see those pics and hear the sounds of the RT now at:
http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/ttc.html )

    Iain