 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18392
Re: reorgs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 21:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Larry Pieniazek"

I did keep as close as possible to the old standard train module--3 32x32
baseplates by 3 32x32 baseplates.  I modified to the extent that 2.5 feet by 2.5
feet is very hard to transport whilst keeping the modules horizontally with a
build on top of it.  So I went with 2 baseplates by 3 baseplates.  These 'mini'
modules slide into a transport box.

So here's some pictures of my layout storage boxes some of the baseplate modules
in the boxes

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm18Np4K

The melamine modules for the baseplates are very heavy.  I can lift the box, but
it's easier with 2 people.  I need to search for a better and lighter module,
but for now the melamine will suffice.

There are 9 modules, each one is 20 inches by 30 inches.  I'll have 5 in one box
and 4 in the other, which will distribute the weight.

I'll update with more pics as needed

Dave