 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17854 (-5)
  LEGO model of Aerotrain TRIDIM Project

(URL) is fantastic! Back in the 70's, the French Aerotrain (air suspension high speed experimental train) reached speeds of something like 380 km/h. For a year or two in the middle of that project, they also experimented with a low-speed system (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) Oooof. This turns out to be harder than I thought. :) My robot moves around fine on the concrete floor of my condo. I have a short-pile carpet rug from IKEA in my "living room" - tried it out on that - epic fail! Just a heads-up from people (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) My thoughts were about 6 to 10 cans, depending on how many can show up... Here is a question for the lot of you, what is the best way to lift a heavy object (I already have a gripper and I was thinking of lifting my can straight up. My gripper (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) ...no problem, Guareff. ;) (...) No can. :( I didn't want to attract attention going into the room carrying some canned foods. But I think it's safe to say they won't budge at all. (...) Interesting idea! I didn't know this was a possibility (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Toys R Us Discount

I was at the local TRU in Hamilton (for stroller purchases for our baby :) ) and I noted (and bought) two ExoForce sets--the fortress and the sensai tower--both half off(ish)-- 41 dollars and 34 dollars respectively. There were about a half dozen of (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact