 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17644
Re: Talk from dinner...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:27:50 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
(snip)
So just for the electronics in the 'dozer is 100 bones.

Dunno if people think that the rest of the dozer is worth the other
hundred--what, with  1384 pieces...

1380 pieces for a hundred bucks works out to around 7 cents a brick.

Any cool pieces?  the treads and the pneumatic brackets...

I think that when I get the money together, I'll probably just get teh 'dozer
instead of buying the electrics separately.

Dave K

any cool parts?

nope.  all classic parts. thats part of its charm.  ummmm,janey did
point out there was a 8 L technic axle with "stop" that seemed to be
new.  but nothing you couldn't make with a axle and 1/2 bushing.

it was a nice build.

And it was, what seemed to be a return to "classic" build style, where
many smaller parts were used to make "the bigger" thing, vs just a BRUP
part. (or whatever the cool kids are calling that now, "jack stone" or
juniorization i think)

if your a Brick link guy and can get the separate elements from
bricklink, then the only thing you are short is the treads, and the 4
hubs needed to drive them.

this set would be just a tiny bit better with a 2nd controller. so you
could drive AND raise/lower the front at once.

oh, and the pneumatic brackets are just greebling.  Lego could have also
used just 2x2 rounds and got very close to the same "look"

Chris