 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17334
Re: He's back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:42:33 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

<snip>

Chris

Who are you?

Dave K

listen here you little.....

I'm the guy more or less in charge around here.  unless people hate up
or our group, then some other guy is in charge.

no one hates our group?  who'd waste the energy?

IM the guy who you will be coming to see at the next RTL dinner on June
  8th.  you will be there at 7 (ish) and i will be at 8:30

its the swish chalet, same time, same place.

now if only there was some www. type place to post that info.

seems to be hiding behind some SEP field

shrug oh well.

we still got this group here on lugnet.

so we do.

so, dave,

other then putting pics of your sorting, up on your BAD and SLOW server,
whats new?

i mean, hello MAJ, or brickshelf and maybe a LINK!!!

i mean, in my new home, WITH my new net connection at 7 MEGS i might
add, i still cant wait for your server.

"Hey--I think I'll put my pics up on some freely offered service out there..."

weeks/months/maybe years pass until one day--

"Hey!!  Where'd my pictures go??  Where'd that fine hosting site go???  What?
THey can turn themselves off whenever they want???"

No thanks

I've gone thru most of my life not beholden to anyone, and i treat my internet
stuff the same--i've tried 'outsourcing' to 'free' sites

'No hotlinking!!!'

'bandwidth exceeded!!!'

'Oh, we felt like turning this free service into 'pay as you go!'

'eh, we went off and did somethign else so we're not running the picture server
anymore'

Nope--I'll stick to something that I personally have 100 percent complete
control over.  if it's a little slow--i don't care--I remember dial-up. (1)

You of all people should realize right now that if you don't have control over
web space that things can happen that you have no control over. (2)

Chris

Dave K

1 - this is on no way to belittle the efforts of BrickShelf.  I *adore*
brickshelf and I think it's the best picture place for the LEGO community.  That
said, I like my pictures on my server.

2 - this is just me making an intuitive guess regarding various things noticed
over the last few days/weeks.  I don't have anything concrete for NO ONE has
talked to me about anythign so I don't know what's going on. (3)

3 - though I'm always here for people and if anyone should want a sympathetic
ear (if needed), I'm available.