 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1733
Re: modules and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:14:52 GMT

I'll throw in my current status, too:

I've got the materials for my 3 & 2-half modules, and they're cut to
size, but I haven't assembled them yet.  I've built the landscape (the
hard part) for two of my three main modules, plus the two train
bridges.  I've got a number of small-scale buildings for the village
areas.  The track is all laid & ballasted.

I don't have a minivan to transport the modules - I don't even have a
car :)  But I'm also only 3 or 4 blocks from the site, so I could
trundle/cab/beg transport for my modules.  We'll see...

All fer now!

Jeff E

Benjamin Medinets wrote:

Ok here's the latest update from my perspective....

I have 2 modules completed (30 inch by 30 inch - each)
I have 4 (other) modules cut out and ready to be put together....which should
happen by this week.  So looks like that scope of Train2 is ready on my end.

Here's the big problem....

My mom is using her mini-van to go on a vacation during that time-frame so
I might have to "modify" my contributions.  I will see how many modules I can
fit in my car...I might have to have them empty (except the track), and have
the buildings in a couple of rubbermaid boxes....(or something like that).

I am definitely going, and I will definitely try to bring my proposed layout.
Most of my buildings on my layout are easy to make so that part shouldn't
be too bad....

the only thing I need to really work on is my train station for the lay-out.
Worst comes to worst, I'll reduce it to 4 modules and "cut-out" my stadium.
I could always bring out the stadium....to give the kiddies something to do
while their parents drool all over the trains (especially the metroliners!!!!)
....which will be good advertising as metroliners go on sale in that time
frame.....that will be pretty cool!!!!

Benjamin Medinets