 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1743
Re: modules and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:20:35 GMT

Since us Jeff's must stick together....

All Modules Almost built, 4 modules need the lower lip, which I will add
when I get some time....

Plans for the transfer table are in the works....

Jeff

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message

I'll throw in my current status, too:

I've got the materials for my 3 & 2-half modules, and they're cut to
size, but I haven't assembled them yet.  I've built the landscape (the
hard part) for two of my three main modules, plus the two train
bridges.  I've got a number of small-scale buildings for the village
areas.  The track is all laid & ballasted.

I don't have a minivan to transport the modules - I don't even have a
car :)  But I'm also only 3 or 4 blocks from the site, so I could
trundle/cab/beg transport for my modules.  We'll see...

All fer now!

Jeff E

Benjamin Medinets wrote:

Ok here's the latest update from my perspective....

I have 2 modules completed (30 inch by 30 inch - each)
I have 4 (other) modules cut out and ready to be put together....which • should
happen by this week.  So looks like that scope of Train2 is ready on my • end.

Here's the big problem....

My mom is using her mini-van to go on a vacation during that time-frame • so
I might have to "modify" my contributions.  I will see how many modules • I can
fit in my car...I might have to have them empty (except the track), and • have
the buildings in a couple of rubbermaid boxes....(or something like • that).

I am definitely going, and I will definitely try to bring my proposed • layout.
Most of my buildings on my layout are easy to make so that part • shouldn't
be too bad....

the only thing I need to really work on is my train station for the • lay-out.
Worst comes to worst, I'll reduce it to 4 modules and "cut-out" my • stadium.
I could always bring out the stadium....to give the kiddies something to • do
while their parents drool all over the trains (especially the • metroliners!!!!)
....which will be good advertising as metroliners go on sale in that • time
frame.....that will be pretty cool!!!!

Benjamin Medinets