 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17206
Re: Rejected mac ad's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:18:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ross Crawford wrote:

<snip>

Hey I learned 6502 assembler on mine, remember the Big Mac macro assembler? And
I used it to write a program that could squeeze about 5 times as much data on
tapes as the standard firmware (yes, I said tapes). And I did my first paid
computer programming on it, converting a learning program from a BBC version.
Double-height characters using graphics mode & call 768's all over the place.
Ah, those were the days.

ROSCO

The 6502...

That number seems to be the 'computer geek' equivalent of the number '23'.

Seems to show up in many places.

Of course, many inside jokes in the video games I placed--coincidentally on the
Commodore 64--that had 6502 displayed somewhere (I kept the 6510 MOS chip from
my original 64 after it died for no particualr reason)

Of course, in the game M.U.L.E. (ranking up there with 'Impossible Mission' and
'Jumpman' for obscenely numerous hours wasted playing them), the planet they
were colonizing was named 'Irata'.  It was many years later when my friends
noted that that was 'Atari' backwards.

Dave K
-Your MULE has lost a shoe!