 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17205
Re: Rejected mac ad's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:54:15 GMT

On 2/21/07, Calum Tsang wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ross Crawford wrote:

we ALL had that game.

except calum.  he had an amiga

Worse, I had an Apple II.  With a green and black monitor.

HEY!!! You dissin' the Apple ][ with green & black monitor????

Worse.  It was a clone Apple II Plus called a "Unitron" with an "NPH" and a
"Shamrock" Disk II clone floppy drive.  The monitor wasn't even an official
Apple one, it was a Zenith Data Systems composite input monitor.

Zenith!!?!

My first PC was a Zenith.  4.77Mhz with a "turbo" button to run it at
8Mhz (thought he games wouldn't run at the fast speed as most of them
relied on the clock).

Also included:
640k RAM (I upgraded from the factory 512k)
5MB Hard Drive (full hight)
3 button Logitech (serial) mouse
300baud acoustic coupled modem
VGA Monochrome (amber!) monitor

I wrapped up the package with a 9 (yes 9) pin Epson printer with NLQ
("Near Letter Quality") mode.

All for the low-low price of $3800cdn....

-Rob A>