 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17039
    Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors... —Kelly McKiernan
   (...) I guess in this particular instance it's worth what somebody would pay for it. Being someone who's sold a single LEGO piece for two grand, I can see both sides of this. Like you, I wouldn't pay $400 for a set I could easily build from my own (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors... —Steve Bliss
   (...) Which leads to another point. I've read some messages in this thread where people has labeled sellers with various negative labels. But in marketplaces like eBay, buyers have the power - it's often bidding wars that run prices up to ridiculous (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors... —David Koudys
   (...) Steve, You're just evil by being you ;p I think there's a difference between starting a bid out at a buck and 'seeing what happens'--I always liked that--than starting a bid or putting a 'buy it now' at 400 dollars for what was only 25-30 (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)