 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16965
Re: Corner Gas episode called 'Block Party' - AFOLs involved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Allan Bedford wrote:

Actually, from what I've learned since... it turns out it was a smart bunch of
props people.  :)  Here's an entry I posted to my blog about the AFOLs that were
*almost* involved in the show:

Sigh.  That would have been a fun project.  I've been asked to do some strange
TV related projects, but I've always found from a scoping standpoint,
entertainment people (eg, production managers, PA's etc) have a really poor
understanding of how much Lego costs and how long it takes to build stuff with
it.

A national cooking show asked me to come on set...and build some Lego models of
food they were cooking.  Uh...okay.  When?  Tomorrow.  Sure, I'll get right on
that.

No matter who was involved I thought it was a very tasteful and respectful bit
of fun that was had with our favorite building toy.  :)

Yeah, they did a great job with it.  There's some choice Lego quotes in there.

Calum