 MediaWatch / 2045
2044  |  2046
Subject:
Corner Gas episode called 'Block Party' - AFOLs involved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:40:07 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I hope everyone caught tonight’s episode of Corner Gas called ‘Block Party’. Here’s the synopsis from the show’s website:

http://cornergas.com/episodes/?volume=12&issue=87

I was hoping they wouldn’t make fun of building with LEGO bricks, but rather would have fun with the idea. And I think they did just that. The show was great. Not a single mention of the word ‘legos’, but rather a lot of use of “LEGO blocks” and even “LEGO bricks”.

Here’s a screenshot, again taken from the show’s website:

When Hank showed Brent the ‘almost’ completed version of his model I really began to wonder if any adult fans had helped prepare for the show. It was a very cool model and looked, at least to my eyes, like someone with lots of minifig scale or train layout experience had helped build it. Anyone out there willing/able to come forward and talk about being involved? Maybe they did it themselves, but maybe they had help. It would be fun to know either way. :)

And then close to the end came a big surprise. Some LEGO animation. If you missed this, you really missed not only a good Corner Gas episode, but an excellent bit of brick parody. Again, it suggests to me some involvement from the fan community but that’s just my feeling.

I hope lots of people saw the episode. Let us know what you thought!

All the best,
Allan B.