 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16584
16583  |  16585
Subject:
Screw Steve's balls, was Re: Sucking Steve's balls -
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:45:47 GMT

In another thread Derek implied that if we used the soccer balls that
Steve has distributed to the Lego community, then robots built for r22
and a Tic Tac Toe game would only have one solution.

"... I'm not a big fan of the soccer ball  marker idea.  The big reason
being everyone is going to use Iain's  ball handing mechanism and
everyones robot is going to work the  same."   -DR

It would seem, that one can use  a VERY old Lego pneumatic part to
maintain a vacuum, and use an old Lego suction cup from some space set,
to make a Lego ball sucker.

What in the love of god is this fascination with Steve's balls?!  Other than the
obvious?  They're hard to grab.  Even Steve used these 4x4 blocks for his own 3T
game.

The suction cup looks finicky.  It's one of those systems that is hard to
control from a software standpoint.  It's a neat idea, but ultimately no one
will use this.

I'm with Derek and RobA.  Load a magzine of shapes and drop them out.

Calum