 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1652
Re: Funnel Cakes 'n DCC bits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
nice...Iain (Tony) said he came by last night when we chatted on AIM....
sounds like he is real excited that his modules are built....I soo can't
wait to see his "stuff"....

Yeah, me too!  Iain brought over his modular apartment building a la Habitat
in Montreal and it was rockin.  He needs a second one to increase density,
but it'll be cool.

Which brings me to the question, "Hey Calum, are you going to do a write-up
of who all is going for sure, and what exactly they are bringing....rolling
stock, buildings, etc.
Name    # of Modules    ETC    ETC
give a brief description what each module will have on it....
that sort of thing....
so we can get a rough idea of some of the cool stuff will be on it for Train2.

Sure, I'll make one up here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train2show

Mail or post yer stuff in an appropriate format and I'll paste it in.

the picture looks like a "opened-up" brain.....  I am sure though the funnel
cakes were very yummy.  Any thoughts, Calum, in selling Funnel cakes at
Train2 to "raise" money for the room rental...

The logistics won't work.  Hot oil.  More bother than benefit, really-not
with Pita Pit and BK next door.

I am sure the sign on the door "no food or drink" might be somewhat
applicable...however, I don't think it is highly enforced since myself and a
few other individuals "indulged" (brought food and drink to the conference
room).

Actually Lillian H Smith isn't bad at all about that.  I think you can eat
and drink (but don't make a mess, because I'll make y'all clean it up).
Richview on the other hand won't let you do anything.

nice bit of info....a tad confusing to me since I don't know a whole lot about
electronics, especially when it comes to diodes, soldering, and the like...
but it is good news that you can come up with a low-cost decoding system
for a DCC-based train... Can anyone say Train3????? (hopefully in February
or March)

Yeah, I can't really keep up with it either, but I've enlisted good help to
build them.  I think we can still hit a few DCC'd locos for Train2.

As for Train3, I'm thinking we could try a small layout at a mall or maybe
even a toy store around the late Nov or Christmas timeframe?  February would
be time for r10 (Wow.  Has it been 10 events already?), April for train4.

Calum