 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1608
Re: Zellers sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

This is Jack Stone, and here are some pictures.
It's a new "junior" theme with Creator style parts.

           http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/jackstone

AND SINCE WHEN DO MINIFIGS HAVE LIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

   Iain

Iain, the minifigs had lips for a while now...well the female ones did :)

Jack Stone figures are "creator-figs!!!" (not mini-figs!!)

As far as Mr. Frank Filz,

he is entitled to: a) his opinion b) promote the entire jack stone line-up
and c) urge Lego to put the Jack Stone elements in the bulk section of Shop @
Home.

I could careless.  However, I cannot stand looking at the ugly "architectural"
elements in the line-up, and seeing them makes me feel like Calum after riding
Top Scan with a stomach full of Funnel Cakes and Strawberry Children.

I think one thing I agree with Frank Filz is that the line-up is vastly
over-priced especially for the larger sets....

here's the lesson of the day (to all parents)

If you are tempted in anyway to buy Jack Stone....look at the Lugnet Guide for
town sets, and put in a winning bid for the classic town sets, your child
will have nicer looking, realistic sets, value for the piece count, especially
in the sets offered around 1992 to 1995, and if your child prefers not to
make the models, I am quite sure, they can design their own models.
After all, what is Lego really designed for....to have easy way to build the
basic model (and nothing else) or to allow your child to have creativity to
let their minds run wild......
what has society come to!!! Yikes!!!

Benjamin Medinets