 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 254
Re: Zellers sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 04:26:18 GMT

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Jack Stone sets for anybody...
first price vs. quality factor... those sets are trash....plain and simple
If your children are young ~5 to 8....Creator line is a lot better.
Age 6 to 9...the town junior sets (still available....fire fighter's HQ)
Age 8 and above....Town Classic...on E-bay.
I wouldn't waist anything on Jack Stone....awefull looking architecture...
the one "redeemable" feature on Jack Stone...is an ordinary sort of character
like Jack...helping out...if not leading the firemen (fighting the fires),
and the police officers (chasing the bad guys!!).

You are right there is some things over-priced now adays....Alpha Team Bomb
Squad...the ATV set, and the others aren't so bad.  The Creator line, of course
Jack Stone...(you already know my feelings with that!!), Life on Mars....
almost useless, in my opinion, especially with the martian tube set....yikes!!!
Oh and all the soccer sets released earlier this year....except the Woman's
Team...that wasn't too bad...the sets released last year are pretty good, but
the Euro World Cup Soccer promo sets from Shell are better, except the "play
board", well they look more professionally designed....the Lego Soccer sets
(44XX series) are too juniorized, where as the Euro sets (43XX series) are
more a classic design....

Benjamin Medinets

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

Just came home from Zellers....they have all the Jack Stone sets now...I
bought two for my boys.  I only bought the small $4.99 sets since it seems
like the others are wayyyyyy over priced...$19.99, 29.99 and 69.99.
However, the $4.99 sets were not that expensive after 50% BOGO and 10% off
for using a Bay or Zellers card today.

Just too much new right now...Alpha Team, Life on Mars, Creator and Jack
Stone...and overpriced :(

Bob