 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16044
Re: Spring Toy, Train and Doll Show Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 05:33:04 GMT

   Special thanks to those that drove all the way down to make the display look spectacular--Deborah, Jason and Janey! Completely appreciated!

Always my pleasure Dave. Although, on my way home the car directly in front of me killed a deer, we had to drag it off the road, not the most pleasant part of my weekend. Of course, it might have been better than how many darn times I had to rebuild the copy of Malagraphixia’s MP5 that I brought. Sadly I would love to blame others... but since at least 5 of the 8 rebuilds (that has to be a record) were my own fault, it just wouldn’t be fair.

   I’d write more but pretty much exhausted

And I will write more, cause apparently I’m not exhausted, this sleeping every other night is really working for me.

Great show as always, regardless of turnout... so nice to spend time with other ALES.

I was very pleased to pick up some Lego from Toys-R-Us before the show,

AND not only did I manage to get it all sorted in my hotel, but I have already put it away. Man, that sure beats my last record (considering I just unpacked my stuff from the NOV. show LAST week.) Not to mention the cool scores many of us got from the vendors... Three cheers for purchase power!!! YAY CHEAP LEGO!!!!

Although I didn’t have an NXT MOC to share... I would be willing to bet my savings that I am the first AFOL to actually LICK one in public. If thats not entertainment, I have no idea what is!... although, I do have a sneaking suspicion, that that very action may be considered sacrilegious by some fans, rest assured, it was just part of my immaturity of which I am so proud of.

I did bring a few new MOCs, most of which were all part of my new “free build” which means, I make a fast MOC (no longer than an evening spent on it) and I limit myself to only the bricks I have in my collection. That process has been sort of fun... and in that category falls the Thunderbirds I posted not long ago, as well as my pen, box of crayons, and paint pallet and brushes, as well as the ice cream cone, coffee mug etc.

rtlT - Once again, it was great to see all the rtlers that attended, the new train layout is going to be very impressive indeed. Great start guys, can’t wait to see the progress that is made by Nov as well as the fact that it has got me motivated to get building for the ad hoc section. Enjoyed the return of some of the moonbase as well and the outstanding stationary train display. I must thank Sandy for remembering my “homemaker” additions, and Dave for the organisation, and always making me feel so welcome, not to mention helping me load in (and of course your hugs always rate top marks). Also have to thank Chris, for once again saving my back by hauling my totes, and giving me the pieces I needed to finish off a few of my new MOCs. And Calum for not only taking the “Janey the Arms Dealer” shot, but also catching photos of my latest space MOC, so I can post later. Although I was REALLY bummed you didn’t bring pie, I did appreciate the white shirt figs, wink. Also bummed I didn’t get to see Jeremy’s new baby although I was taken back by the beautiful pictures. Oliver somehow we missed going out and sharing our traditional smoke break, but it was a pleasure seeing you. Jeff also great to see you again and I hope Jenn joins us again soon. Derek, I am happy to say, I didn’t break any of your MOCs this time around, although, maybe we both should stop building in the “cursed-with-no-longer-connective” black! Thanks for building my Cat Woman set for me, and sorry I forgot your DV cape, and if I forget it at BF, I vow to drive the 18 hours back home just to get it.

parLUGment - I can not thank deb (and Mark) enough for making the trip down, next time hopefully you can join us for dinner as well. BTW... amazing gravity build!!! I can not get enough of your work. As well, it’s always nice to increase the “girl power” at any Lego related event.... but frankly I’m not that fond on sharing Jason... (we will have to work out a time sharing programme, wink.) Thanks for the “errands” you ran for me, I appreciate you bringing me my long awaited items, and running the cash back for me. Sadly I must say, from now on, I’m calling you when I need someone to actually follow thru, wink. FTR, I am learning a new language, just for the good insults. Jas... Im not saying one word to you here... cause you know, I’m composing a SPECIAL POST ASAP.

jlug - Although our new and improved LOGO made its debute.... I am sad when I am the only one of my own lug I can get to display, (couldn’t even motivate my own kids to build)... In other words Tilt, I am so bummed I didn’t get to see you, (although of course your absence was totally understandable) I certainly hope you can catch us next time around.

Can-Brickers - Alan, glad to see you again, and I loved the new MOC, proud for the pink, and even more impressed with the humour. Anthony, glad to see you return, and with some impressive MOCs as well. Jacub, also missed you and your MOCs, hopefully you can also join us next time.

I posted my pics as well...

Holy run on post Batman!!! Wow, I think I need another Tim’s x-large TT.

Nicely played Ontario!!!

Janey “Pass me my Ammo, Red Brick”