 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15806
  Re: Gear lash....

(...) No, that made a lot of sense. I get it. I looked at Dave's code--that helped too. (...) I've never used them. I don't really know why one would. I've always used those little 2x2 round pads. I've got a couple worn down by a millimeter which is (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gear lash....

(...) Trying running a robot around the house, with quarter-inch steps between hardwood and rug. Sometimes, castors are a neccessary evil. Besides the "no rubber, minimize friction", there's also the idea of minimizing castor steer by offsetting the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gear lash....

(...) Well, in the context of rtlToronto games... :) I guess it makes sense in the house, I suppose. Couldn't you just build curved shape out of slopes? (...) Yes! What if Lego made duct tape? Wouldn't be up to 3AM working on my robot... Calum (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)