 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15782
    Re: Gear lash.... —Calum Tsang
   (...) Ever have one of those times where it's like "it ran outside the chassis!" then you actually install the bastard and put everything together and it stops working? Last night was one of those times. Sacha had figured out how to make the two (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Gear lash.... —David Koudys
     In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) I tried to make my wiring as tidy as possible--I only have 2 short wires left (without ripping apart my train layout) As well, you've seen the 'bot work on video, it's been tested numerous (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Gear lash.... —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) ... (...) Calum, Try turning around the wire on one of the RCXs. When connecting RCXs together this way, the polarity WILL matter. That would explain why something that seemed exactly the same would work outside the robot, but not when it's (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Gear lash.... —Calum Tsang
   (...) Hey Steve, Thanks-- I guess I should have clarified--it's the inter brick communication via IR that's not working. The touches were placed the same way on the test brick, and the "master" brick portion is running fine. The master has all the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)