 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15720
Re: Few more questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:31:02 GMT

<snip>

Here is the scoring rule:

Scoring

Scoring for a round is based on the following formula:

Number of blocks from your robot successfully transferred to other robots

Number of uniquely coloured blocks collected by your robot

Blocks are considered collected by a robot if contained in the robot and
transferred through a Transfer Interface. Any block that touches the floor is
considered out of play.

Your own blocks aren't:
-transfered through a transfer interface
-uniquely coloured

However you could design your robot to transfer one of your own blocks into
itself through a transfer opening to get that all important first block.

I agree that it would be nice to clearify the rule so your own blocks do not
count inside your own robot.  I believe this is the intention of the contest.

Your blocks are uniquely coloured compared to the other player's blocks

And if you build a robot that can transfer a block into your own robot, does it
count?

Calum's 'bot is going along the lines of 'it doesn't move--bot's must come to
it.

I won't let people know what I have planned, but the potential that my 'bot can
transfer a block into my robot is completely possible.  If my block isn't
scored, when transferred to my 'bot, then I'll come up with a 'hardware fix' so
that my 'bot can't transfer to my 'bot.

On a last note, the blocks are suppose to be plate/brick/tile

Can we make 4 plate/tile so we can vary the colours to make the blocks
multi-coloured and not mono-colour?

Does it matter?  I don't think there's a problem with either, but what do others
thing?

At most we only need 10 different block colours, which can easily be done with
tile brick plate.  So I don't think there is a reason we would be required to
get into tile 4 plate.

I was thinking of making my blocks the BNSF colours--dark green, yellow, orange,
yellow, dark green.  No one would have matching blocks.

The one physical difference I see is the tile 4 plate is heavier.  So as long as
you are not using the difference in construction to gain an advantage I don't
have a problem with it.

I think we discussed the idea of just having a set of game blocks.  These blocks
will be handed out at the start of the round.  This avoids the problem of I
declared this colour, no I did, and the problem of Calum changed the brick shape
and the colour I chose can't be built in 2x2.

Derek

who's gonna bring 10 sets of 10 blocks?

PS. I hate having to post throught the web.  My post count is way down, and my
spelling errors are way up because of it.

i always post ia web and nevvver caredd bout typesos

:)

Dave N