 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15509
  Re: Y??? 'Cause I'm asking!!!

(...) K, no worries there (...) Not to pull a Hassenplug(tm), but this is what the rules state-- 2.1 Transfer Interface ... The Wall Surface should be a uniform colour and made of solid bricks. 4.0 Design Guidelines ... The Wall Surface should be (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Y??? 'Cause I'm asking!!!

(...) This is a rule. (...) This is not. (...) I believe the intent is 'should' means 'must' otherwise the rule is meaningless and could be completely ignored. When writing design documents I am very careful not to use the word should. It renders (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Y??? 'Cause I'm asking!!!

(...) I put in a fair amount of effort differentiating out should versus must. Any should is really a recommendation. Chris was super anal about how he didn't want to enforce certain items on people. Uniform colour and solid bricks was one of them. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Y??? 'Cause I'm asking!!!

(...) I thought that's why we included a guidelines sections. So we could differentiate between what is required and what isn't. This approach is more confusing, not less. Derek (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)