 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15358
15357  |  15359
Subject:
Got balls? Heads up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:39 GMT

After seeing the great ball moving into more and more train layouts... the “soccer” balls, seem a bit .... uh “strange” for lack of a better word.

After a bit of group discussion, I was looking for a Lego substitute... Technic Ball Joints? Black or brown Minifig Heads??? Sadly, they both carried their own issues with size and shape.

And then, a very strange click guided me straight into ... the Bionicle department. Can’t say I normally spend time there.

Anyhow, I see this “new” product (at least I assume it’s new)... “Zamor Spheres” set number 8719 and I think... “Hmmm, that would be a nice substitute.”

So I order a box of 10 spheres, (3 “pearl-ish” silver, 2 “pearl-ish” gold, and 4 “pearl-ish” pewter). I was going to order a few boxes, but because I wasn’t 100% sure what size they were going to be, I thought I would just start with one. Sure enough, upon opening them, they ARE NOT the same size as the soccer balls.

As this clearly pic shows.....

Just thought I would share the info before someone orders a case!

Cheers,

Janey Red Brick