Re: Got balls? Heads up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:53:15 GMT

On Wed, December 14, 2005 11:00 pm, Janey Cook wrote:
After seeing the great ball moving into more and more train layouts... the
"soccer" balls, seem a bit .... uh "strange" for lack of a better word. • ...
Anyhow, I see this "new" product (at least I assume it's new)... "Zamor Spheres"
set number 8719 and I think... "Hmmm, that would be a nice substitute."

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bccook/Misc/balls1.jpg>>

Janey,

I know what you mean about soccer balls moving around.  At the last train show, a
few people were talking about the "soccer ball factory".  We may go that direction
next time.

I'm sure painting them won't work.  I think LEGO did a good job of putting the spots
on (much better than I could do), and we're wearing those off.

I think the Zamor Spheres would be great, if we could get them in large quantities,
but I don't see that happening.  If they were the same size, they could be added to
the ball stream, but that's not the case, either.

Thanks for checking this out.
Steve