 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15070
Re: Next time I won't include the submarine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:39:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Fri, October 28, 2005 11:18 am, David Koudys wrote:
I start the train at the beginning of the interview and then it just stops 20
seconds later, and then the RCX beeped and died

So there goes any of the moving I had planned...

Oh, my.

"Excuse me, while I download the firmware, again.  It will just take a minute to
set-up, and five minutes to download.  That's six minutes.  Perfect."

Yeah, the beeping RCX... I wanted to shake my head but I was live on the
telly...

The interview sucked!  I was soooo bad.

Who cares.  You've exposed more people to LEGO and AFoLs.  Yeah.  Good job.

The significant other, who went home at lunch to watch the tape, said I looked
great, and loved the bit where I talk about the sub....

Eh, I could have done better...

It was a good time--the 6 minutes felt like 30 seconds.

could be worse.  could have felt like 6 hours.

Steve

I thought beforehand that it would feel like 6 hours, but when I was in the
studio I wanted to chat with the hosts before and after, but no such
luck--setting up and tearing down in under a minute puts the ki-bosh on any sort
of chit-chat, and then thinking about RCX's, the display on the table, and the
hosts questions...

They wer very good at guiding the conversation--i really liked that part...

Dave K