 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15066
15065  |  15067
Subject:
Next time I won't include the submarine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:18:22 GMT

When someone asks you for a brief bio of, well, who you are, don't mention that
you built a submarine anywhere in that bio...

Everything about the 6 minutes was wonderful--the people who 'wired me up' to
the folks on 'Daytime' who did the interview--al phenominal...

Here's the thing--

I was suppose to be on at 11:41ish but the Nikon guy didn't showso I got
'bumped' to the top of the show.

11:11 btw :)

Then I only had a minute to set the stuff up--so I went with a basic circle o'
track on the table.

Fine n' dandy

I specifically asked for 120 volts so I cold plug in the RCX running DCC

They bring out the extension cord and we're all set up.

I start the train at the beginning of the interview and then it just stops 20
seconds later, and then the RCX beeped and died

So there goes any of the moving I had planned...

So then we talk of LEGO for a while...

And then the quote--

"I heard you built a submarine..."

k....

well then....

LEAVE THAT OFF ANY FUTURE BIO!!!!

The interview sucked!  I was soooo bad.

More than that, when the interview was done, I get up to pack my things and I
note that the extension cord was just coiled up on the floor, no where near
plugged into a wall socket.

Nice

Eh, whatreya gonna do?

It was a good time--the 6 minutes felt like 30 seconds.

And...

Done

Dave K
-not going to be a television star.