 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14930
Re: mmmmm lego store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:25:31 GMT

On 10/12/05, Chris Magno  wrote:
Chris Magno wrote:

Rob Antonishen wrote:

I'm in Chicago, across the street from a real Lego store (Michigan Ave).

I'm going to walk across the street in two minutes and see what is there.

mmmmm.

-Rob A>

thank rob

buy me something

Chris

well, its been almost 45 min now. I wonder what ROB bought me

I cant wait.

Chris

I'm sooo sad.

soooo sad that I decided to go on a boat cruise on the river.  That
was tres cool.

Though a lock that only drops you, like 60cm, is kind of odd.

Thanks to the continued performance of the Canadian loonie, I can
safely report that, as of this time, there is no financial advantage
to buying technic sets in the states. No sir-ee.

And while the Chicago store
http://www.lego.com/legostores/location.asp?x=x&store=Chicago,%20IL,%20USA&cCode=3
has a georgeous model of Michigan avenue and a lot of nice displays,
the pick-a-brick was severly limited (from my perspective).

But if anyone in rtltoronto wants me to pick up 2x2 bricks in trans
red, green, or blue, or steering wheels
(http://peeron.com/inv/parts/30663) or white picket fences
(http://peeron.com/inv/parts/33303) or 1x2 grill tiles in bley
(http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2412a) then let me know and I can grab a
cup for you tomorrow before I leave.

But not even a gear pack....or a motor set....or a single technic beam
in the PAB there...but there were two "vintage" RIS 2.0 sets for the
full MSRP of $199USD that looks like they had been purchased and
returned about 6 times each, or had been kicked around a storeroom for
years.  The boxes were actually sun-faded!

-Rob A>

(I have since left the building...the hostages have all been
released...and I will have to go play with the
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3549 set I picked up at Giant Tiger for
$1.25 before I left Canada and still had in my pocket...)