 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14908
Re: Network issues - looking for help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan Boger wrote:

My son can ping his own machine, he can ping the router, but he can
not ping my machine (it times out).  If he tries to ping google an
error window opens, titled "Ping" (This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down).

What's the IPs on these 3 nics?  (yours, the router and the son's?)
Sounds like his machine is getting an IP on a different subnet than
yours from the router, and not getting his gateway ip set up right.

When we went to ipconfig... the info we got was the same...

192.168.2.10 mine
192.168.2.11 for him
192.168.2.1 for the router
default gateway 255.255.255.0
we are both getting the router (192.168.2.1) for the default gateway

Janey "Lost and confused. Red Brick"