 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14907
Re: Network issues - looking for help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:07:07 GMT

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 06:26:51AM +0000, Janey Cook wrote:
My machine can ping his machine, as well as the router, BUT I can NOT
ping myself.

My son can ping his own machine, he can ping the router, but he can
not ping my machine (it times out).  If he tries to ping google an
error window opens, titled "Ping" (This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down).

I am relatively sure the protocols are set up correctly.  Looking for
suggestions.

What's the IPs on these 3 nics?  (yours, the router and the son's?)
Sounds like his machine is getting an IP on a different subnet than
yours from the router, and not getting his gateway ip set up right.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com