 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14576
14575  |  14577
Subject:
rtl 19 Official Score (in which Dave didn't win but still kicked Chris's heinie)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:34:44 GMT

Well, in a surprising upset, a complete newbie to the LEGO robot building and
entering in an rtl competition (that I remember--I could be wrong...) Harry A,
Rob A>'s son, won the compeitition with his non-motorized tower 'bot.

So here's the breakdown of the scores--

Harry A>     - 17
Jennifer A > - 13
Calum        - 13
Janey 'R.B.' - 12
Dave         - 10
Edward       -  9
Chris M      -  8
Ron          -  4
Trevyn       -  4
Rob A>       -  0

When studying the list, it would be wise to note that Janey 'Red Brick' beat
both Chris and me.  Hmmm...

This was, by far, the most destructive competition we've ever had.  besides the
pieces being strewn all over the place from 'bots falling off, we even had a few
bonks to the head from the balance beam.

I think the most spectacular match was Janey against Jennifer--that was a really
tense 3 minutes!!

The one where Chris and me had our little demo at the end--quite nice to know
that my 'bot can be used as a counterweight to a catapult if required.

What else--oh I'll say it--Janey beat me 3 times.  I hang my head in shame...

Pics I'm sure will follow, detailing the destruction and mayhem.

I dunno if Calum's RCX was busted from the huge falls it had, but I do know that
I had to take apart Rob A>'s RCX and pop back out the Motor outputs that had
pushed in.

All around a totally awesome competition!

Dave K