 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14543
Re: Canadian Tire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:38:37 GMT

So my boss just got back from Canadian Tire
He bought a Lexmark Photo printer for 99 bucks--it comes with a 3.1 Creative
digital camera.

all for 99 bucks.

Wow.

Just thought y'all'd like to know

That $99 doesn't come with very much ink.  I was surprised when my aunt bought a
multifunction scanner, copier, inkjet printer for $60 last year too.  Except
that it came with 15% filled ink tanks.  Soon after you'll be spending another
$100 on new ink for it.

I bought a 7200 RPM Western Digital 80GB disk on the weekend.  It was $70.  I
remember mulling over 20MB hard disks for my Amiga at a cost of $600-700.  Sigh.

Speaking of things that make me very angry:  Cable select.  I HATE CABLE SELECT.  CABLE SELECT IS FOR THE WEAK.  My PVR doesn't come up clean from standby with CS jumpered on the drive.  Yet it boots perfectly fine with the same configuration from cold start.   Cable select SUCKS.

Calum