 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14032
Re: force-dynamics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 16:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin wrote:
   That’s funny Wayne - Ivan showed me Live for Speed well over a year ago, and he’s been playing it ever since (Ivan, are you there?) - somehow I couldn’t really get into it myself. Maybe my 900Mhz Athlon has something to do with it. If I recall, the game is difficult. But it is really cool - instanteneous displays of reaction forces in all 3-axes at all 4 tires... sweet.....

The LFS development team recently posted an alpha version of demo for their next release. The Blackwood track has been redone (looks awesome), and rear wheel drive cars are much easier to drive now (they used to be very slippery and easy to spin out). New features include tire wear and temperature, a new clutch pack limited slip differential (versus viscous coupling), and a learn-to-drive tutorial. Highly recommended.