 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14031
Re: Zellers and LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 15:28:17 GMT

snip

As well, in the LEGO aisle, they were advertising 40 percent off 'discontinued
sets'.  So the Shrieking Shack and Tupins Classroom, but they also had the NASA
sets on the 40 percent.

Didn't see too many other sets marked down, but anytthing with a 'yellow
sticker' was supposedly 40 percent.

Dave K

I have two Zellers in close by, I went to one, and they had that 40% off of
sales items (discontinued sets), and I bought a few. The selection was poor, but
by a weird chance, I scanned a set that was not marked on sale because it didn't
have a price tag.  When scanned it came up 40% off, so my advice is to go scan
the stuff yourself, you might find a deal.  Weirdly enough, when I went to the
other Zellers, they were running a BOGO on all Lego.  Makes very little sense to
me why the sale was completely different, but some fun bargains were to be had.

I met another closet fan, which is always cool.

Oh on another note, the standard blue tubs at Walmart that are normally 30
dollars have now been "rolled back" (rolls eyes) to 20  dollars (as well as the
Duplo tubs).  I picked up a few of them as well, but it seems like the Walmarts
here never have more than two on the shelf, and apparently the stock ppl can
never find anymore in the back.

Happy buying!
Janey Red Brick