 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14
13  |  15
Subject:
next event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:59:40 GMT

Hi everybody!

    I'm going to be building a block stacker as well for the next competition.
I think that the multiple RCX 1/N is a good rule.
    I don't like the rubber band rule that you changed so that you can use
other rubber bands.  They are NOT Lego parts. Lego did however make pretty
long strings in some of their sets.  Lego makes rubber bands and it is a
challenge to design something around them.  If you remember my Sumo I had a
lot of challenges in building it, one of them was the length of the Lego
rubber bands on the edge finding sensors.  You should make this a pure Lego
competition.
    You all know how much time it takes in building a Bot so if some one has
the time to build more than one just to win a prize then let them.  I’m sure
the prize isn’t going to be a million dollars so if they’re building it just
for the prize then there’re probably making about .0001 cents an hour.  I can
think of many much more profitable ways to make money.
    Another Suggestion that I have is to have Lego made trophies for the
winners. I saw that some where on the web that somebody did that I think that
is a great idea (and inexpensive).
    As far as scoring the towers at the end of the competition I think you
should only count the ones that are standing, it adds for more strategy.
   These are all just my opinions I really enjoyed the last competition and
are looking forward to the next one in February.  I would also like to know
where we stand on the Sumo/Hockey issue?  I am voting for the Sumo since I
don’t have an IR ball and don’t have the electronic knowledge if building
one.  Maybe you should have some made and ready to sell at the next event so
we can do that in the future.  I find it hard to build and program something
with out it.

Phil :-)