 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13
Re: rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 16:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

Hi Bruce and Chris,

I agree with what Chris posted on...

If your robot shows up with that cheap white turkey tying string, and
needs 18 feet of it.... well, in my humble opinion..... that's not fair
cause we all know lego never made string that long.
same goes with the rubber bands.... if a bot shows up with a 10"
diameter cogged fan belt....... again we all know lego never made this.

What, you never got set 4789, the Lego Technic Fan Belt Accessory Pack?
Sheesh. :)  Seriously.  No fishing wire.  That's all i'm worried about.

It is with these last two points that I would really like to get
feedback from the group. As always these games are only loosely
organized by Calum and Myself.  so if the majority of people want to
change the rules then that's what we'll do.

Well, here's my take on the last two:

Tallying at the end or as towers are produced is a tough question.  I'm
undecided on this, but if you count just as a tower is produced you discount
two major strategy types, which is Dave type robots and capping (ie, putting a
single block on other towers)

I think the two RCX issue should remain 1/N.  Two RCXs is enough of a
concession already.  At least?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Calum