 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13950
  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) Okay, okay. FESTO time. :) Rodless Pneumatic Drive - type DGP-...: (URL) The driving element is driven by a rodless pneumatic piston within the cylinder body. A slot in the side of the cylinder body permits coupling. The slot is sealed by an (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) Of course it does.... Oh, and the Festo Didactic and LEGO Dacta parallel is very apt. It would be soooo cool to have some kind of spool valve or other way to control LEGO pneumatics from an RCX. We can always dream... Ralph (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: HOLD ME.

"Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote in message news:IFo5L1.1q3I@lugnet.com... <snip interesting pneumatic cylynder stuff>> (...) (1) are you allowed to write that here ? GDR oliver (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) Can someone explain how a "recirculating ballbearing guide" works, it sounds interesting. Steve (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) Linear rails and bearings are amazing. Super precise, super rigid, and highly dynamic. The following pictures should give it away without even any text. :) (2 URLs) We make heavy use of linear rails and guides on all of our robots. (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) My brain hurts. Derek (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) This is exactly the picture I had in my head when I imagined what a recirculating ballbearing system would be like. It resembles a caterpiller track. Whenever I see a race of ball bearings I always think their should be somthing inbetween them (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: HOLD ME.

(...) You're talking about caged bearings. Caged bearings do have a higher coefficent of friction over non-caged bearings, but the friction is constant (in a normal bearing, the balls come into contact intermitently), the life is extended (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)