 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13799
Re: Underactuated robotic hands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:28:19 GMT

"Rob Stehlik" <rob.stehlik@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Very cool indeed. I saw that page a long time ago when Iain got me
interested in
parallel robots. I can't quite figure out the differential gearing that
drives
the three fingers. If only two fingers had to be balanced, a single
differential
would do, but how does it work for three fingers??? Can anyone explain to
me how
the gearing would work?

The only thing I can come up with, is to have 2 differentials.  The first
one (Diff. A) splits input 1 into outputs labeled 2 and 3.  Item 2 connects
to a 2:1 gear reducer and goes to finger i).  Item 3 goes to Diff. B's input
(item 4) and it's outputs, 5 and 6 go to fingers ii) and iii).

I *think* that would do it.

    Iain