 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13772
Re: Underactuated robotic hands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:18:35 GMT

The idea of this for a "finger" is way cool:

http://wwwrobot.gmc.ulaval.ca/recherche/theme04_a.html

Very cool indeed. I saw that page a long time ago when Iain got me interested in
parallel robots. I can't quite figure out the differential gearing that drives
the three fingers. If only two fingers had to be balanced, a single differential
would do, but how does it work for three fingers??? Can anyone explain to me how
the gearing would work?

Rob