 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1377
    Turntable/transfer table thoughts —Jeff Van Winden
   Hi Guys, I need some help deciding which type of transfer/turn table to build. Have a gander at the following pic: (URL) have come up with 4 different designs, And I am not sure which one to go with. A Transfer table w/ 6 bays advantages: can handle (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Turntable/transfer table thoughts —Calum Tsang
     (...) B and D are most risky, from a construction standpoint. B is risky because you're building on a diagonal. You'd either have to a) build everything using lattice shapes, doubling your brick usage or making it primarily 1x2 and 1x1 or b) build (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Turntable/transfer table thoughts —Tim Strutt
     Jeff, Those are all cool looking setups, and I'd have a hard time choosing between them. The only thing I wanted to mention was, I noticed that you are worried about space, especially with the curve, and I was wondering if you were aware that you (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Turntable/transfer table thoughts —Jeff Van Winden
     Thanks for the advice Tim, I think I tried that theory... my main problem resides in keeping the sunken area (for the transfer/turn table) in one 301/4 x 301/4 module (for easier transportation) and accomplish this feat while using 3 track lengths (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Turntable/transfer table thoughts —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I like A. Consider making the table 3 long and the bays 4 to allow for a bit of track before you go into the building (allows swinging doors to clear the table), rather than a 4 long transfer table with only 3 track long bays. The GMLTC (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)