 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1372
1371  |  1373
Subject:
Breaking with tradition!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:44:35 GMT

Well, for some reason.... I don't know why, I'm going to break with
tradition and share what I have so far:

Last night I started to work on my monkey for the ROBOT GAMES 9.  All I
can say is that its a bit more difficult that I thought.  this is a poor
quality pic of  2 ideas that I quickly threw together then almost as
quickly abandoned.

http://www.members.home.net/magno42/temp/ant/monkey.jpg

I like the hand/claw of the one "thing." The way the angled beam and
that new grey beam fit over the pipe is almost perfect.

the tire thing was just a concept.  I was trying for some form of
grasping hand.  We all now know how well 2 spinning tires can grasp
things.....

The one thing that I forgot all about in my "concepts" is that (to quote
me)   " In Theory" these ideas are sound,  BUT i keep forgetting that I
PAY my Gravity Bill.  and so for anything any of us build we will all
have to contend with these beasts always wanting to swing to maintain a
center of gravity.

if you are working on a monkey... AND YOU SHOULD, then start now.  cause
this is hard.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm