 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13615
  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drive my 'bot to the other side? No 'bots on my side would make my end go up (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drop off the beam to make my side go up? Derek (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sure. But then what? Coz' what if he's trying to drive over to your side, hmm? :) (Wow, it sure is obvious when everyone rolls out of bed and into work!) ::giggles:: Iain (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sounds like a valid strategy to me! See, this has totally opened up what methods people might use to get the task done. This is awesome. If we leave it this open-ended, imagine how many different solutions we might see come game day! Iain (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Fri, March 4, 2005 10:13 am, Iain Hendry said: (...) So many strategies. All very simple. They all work. What works best? (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) And that my friends is the spirit of competition. I am so pumped about this! rtlBeamPumping1 Iain (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I think you at least have to stay on the beam. Otherwise, EVERYONE will jump off the beam. What kind of a contest is that? The other issue I can think of is JeffE style loopholing :). I can see JeffE driving up from California, leaving a Lego (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) For me, it's more difficult to raise my opponents end. That stops the JeffE sticker thing. So I think we should work on the premise of bringing our end down. (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Okay, if anyone builds a robot that "leaps off" the beam, more power to them. That would be amazing. Unless they are kamakaze.* Besides, that doesn't guarentee you a win at all. (...) And what did we decide about that? I think it was that we (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Quite you. That's what I was going to do. Derek (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) LOL! I was actually thinking of just a lone 2x4 brick. (...) I vote for (b) lower your end of the beam (raise your opponent's end). My thoughts: If we want to RAISE our end, then we would could end up with "sumo on a 2x4" because each robot (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Hmm, I think that a) getting over the bit of beam sticking down to keep the thing in stable equlibrium, and b) working through that tiny opening in the structure will present insurmountable headaches. I don't see that happening very easily at (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)