 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13456
    Re: Cell Phones are OK to use in hospitals. —Calum Tsang
   (...) Where did you get your number that an average cell phone emits around 0.3 watts? Is that during paging, dormancy or in active call? More importantly, how do you know how sensitive other devices in the hospital are, and they'd be affected by (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Cell Phones are OK to use in hospitals. —Orion Pobursky
     (...) You're right, but I basically admitted to that already. I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all but it certainly came out that way. Sorry. However, here's an article I found after my post: (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Cell Phones are OK to use in hospitals. —Timothy P. Smith
   (...) I work in a hospital- I asked the same question... It's more about interference with telemetry than anything else, and it's mostly older equipment, but since they can't test *every* cell phone, and hospitals are dealing with high stakes... (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)