 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13439
  OT: Cordless Phone Suggestions?

My old cordless phone at home gave up the ghost.... So I am looking for suggestions on what to replace it with based on my requirements... Usability: 1) Must have - good battery 2) Must have - adjustable (loud) volume, as I have used some I can't (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Cordless Phone Suggestions?

(...) We use Uniden TRU-8885 in the house. Costco had a special 3-handset-plus-base pack for a reduced price. Consumer Reports rated it fairly well, and it has each of usability requirements you specified (plus handset speaker and answering machine (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Cordless Phone Suggestions?

(...) Stay off 2.4. I don't know which retard decided to use the ISM band for cordless phones, but microwaves and WiFi interfere with it significantly. I don't see what was wrong with 900, in all honesty. (...) Honestly? Whatever's on sale. I bought (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Cordless Phone Suggestions?

(...) I second this. Whenever the phone rings here the entire wireless network goes down. Stay far away from 2.4 Ghz. -Jon (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)