 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13443
Re: OT: Cordless Phone Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:24:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
My old cordless phone at home gave up the ghost....

So I am looking for suggestions on what to replace it with based on my
requirements...

Not a clue....
MHz?   Recommendations?

Stay off 2.4.  I don't know which retard decided to use the ISM band for
cordless phones, but microwaves and WiFi interfere with it significantly.  I
don't see what was wrong with 900, in all honesty.

Any suggestions from the Technocrati out there?

Honestly?  Whatever's on sale.  I bought a Uniden digital with CLID for $15 last year.   The issue is that Cordless Phones, being portable household consumer items, are sat on, dropped off couches, left out in the cold on the deck, etc.  I don't care of the thing is built to MIL-STD specifications, it's going to break one day.  And it's cheaper to buy three $15 phones than to pay $200 for the latest "Panasonic SuperCompander III Pro KXT-GTX1234 with digital noise reduction", put one in service and keep two in the basement on a shelf somewhere, so that when the first DOES break, you can swap the second one, and later the third one, into active duty.

Calum