 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13421
Re: 2nd GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:00:16 GMT

On Fri, February 18, 2005 11:15 pm, David Koudys said:
http://sparky.i989.net/mmisc4.htm

Not nearly as nice as the first, and has a tendancy to bind, but it's an
experiment

It will be better after your second rebuild.

I wanted the balls to move back and forth as well as across, so I sloped all
steps in opposing directions.

the upside is that the balls move back and forth.

the sad part is the binding (as mentioned) and the plates have a tendancy to opo
off every once in a while.  I may just remove the slanted plates all together...
we shall see.

The binding is a problem, because of how bricks slide along each other.  But, if you
run it long enough, it will wear down the sharp corners...  :)

How many steps does it have?  And, what's the total rise from the bottom to the top.

I like the long extension on the ball pump.  Of course, when you build your 4th or
5th module, that thing's going to be pretty long.

Fun watcihng both together!

Why is it so fun to sit there and watch balls cycle around?  It's like watching a
washing machine.  Well, not exactly..

I need to go watch my balls roll around...

Steve