 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13332
Re: GBC vs rtlwhatever...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:08:29 GMT

So I had a few hours that I was left to my own devices this weekend...

It's amazing how everything I started to build turned out to be modules for a
GBC!

Inspired by Rob's 'ball pusher', I designed one of my own (pictures
forthcoming...)

ball pusher?

but the rest of the week ('xcept Thrusday) is going to be dedicated to GBC's!!

Here's something to think about, as you're putting together different modules.  We
want to write up another standard (actually, a sub-catagory of the first standard)
that would allow modules to neatly be included in a train layout.

The spec is the same, except the module should fit (and be attached to) one or more
32x32 baseplates (in a straight line).  With that, it should be easy to create an
"industrial" strip in a train layout, where soccer balls are processed...

I posted some pictures from our last gathering (
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=116229 ).  If you want to see some
video to go with these pictures, Alex posted a nice clip.  However, it is 38mb.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ahtaylor/ball_contraption.zip

Steve