 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12957
  Funifor!

I should have been working on my robot tonight, but I got SO excited when I found out about a new kind of Funitel, called a Funifor. There's only one in the world, 2 more coming in 2006. So I built one. (2 URLs) for the rest of they luxirious (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Funifor!

(...) Wow, way too cool! That totally rocks! I must build one for Bricton, thanks for a great idea to pinch. Spotlighted! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Funifor!

(...) Nice! And only uses 50% more rope! BTW what is this pic? (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Funifor!

(...) I think it uses almost the same amount of rope as a normal push/pull jigback ropeway. I forgot to explain that the main advantage of Funitel is extreme lateral stability. I think they can operate in 100+ km/h winds. (...) the wheels on the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Funifor!

(...) thanks for (...) Haha, thanks for the coments Janey! There are a lot of really cool and unusual ropeways out there to get ideas from: (URL) you do end up building one, be sure to take photos! Iain (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Funifor!

(...) Once again, Iain impresses me with his sheer building 'wowness'. Oh, and I have a pic of Teri Polo, but it's not suitable for linking here and she definitly doesn't look like a guy. ;) Dave K (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)