 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12968
Re: Funifor!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:18:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
I should have been working on my robot tonight, but I got SO excited when I
found out about a new kind of Funitel, called a Funifor.  There's only one
in the world, 2 more coming in 2006.  So I built one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/duckjock/Funifor/DSC00737.jpg

( http://photobucket.com/albums/v224/duckjock/Funifor/  for the rest of they
luxirious picturezz)

The neat part about it is that by the geometry of the haul rope pully
system, the gondola moves at half the speed of the haul rope.  So you
automatically get a 2:1 mechanical advantage.

    Iain

Once again, Iain impresses me with his sheer building 'wowness'.

Oh, and I have a pic of Teri Polo, but it's not suitable for linking here and
she definitly doesn't look like a guy.

;)

Dave K